Saturday, October 5, 2013

Catechesis on the Rosary, by Fr. Ronald Check

The Blessed Virgin Mary has an important, and some say, necessary role in our salvation. She holds a unique place in the Church. Saint Augustine notes, “The Virgin Mary . . . is acknowledged and honored as being truly the Mother of God and of the redeemer. . . . She is ‘clearly the mother of the members of Christ’ . . . since she has by her charity joined in bringing about the birth of believers in the Church, who are members of its head." Saint Robert Bellarmine explains Our Lady’s Role in this way, “The Head of the Catholic Church is Jesus Christ, and Mary is the neck which joins the Head to its Body.” One does not need to be a scholar in order to understand the great connection that exists between a Mother and her children. The Blessed Mother stands very close to her Son. She is united to Him in an eternal bond, which a communion so deep between humanity and divinity that it touches on the very communion (hypostatic union) that exists in the person of Christ Himself. The Book of Judith relates, ““Blessed are you, daughter, by the Most High God, above all the women on earth.” (Judith 13:18) and Saint Luke Himself records the words of Saint Elizabeth
to her Cousin, “Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.” (Luke 1:42)

Our Lady, Our Blessed Mother has promised many things to those who pray the Rosary. May we be faithful sons and daughters of so good and so loving a Mother.

1. To all those who shall pray my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and great graces.

2. Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary will receive some special grace.

3. The Rosary will be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin and dispel heresy.

4. The rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies. It will draw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary will not perish.

6. Whoever recites my Rosary devoutly reflecting on the mysteries, shall never be overwhelmed by misfortune. He will not experience the anger of God nor will he perish by an unprovided death. The sinner will be converted; the just will persevere in grace and merit eternal life.

7. Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite my Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces and will share in the merits of the blessed.

9. I will deliver promptly from purgatory souls devoted to my Rosary.

10. True children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in heaven.

11. What you shall ask through my Rosary you shall obtain.

12. To those who propagate my Rosary I promise aid in all their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary Confraternity shall have as their intercessors, in life and in death, the entire celestial court.

14. Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion to my Rosary is a special sign of predestination.

No comments:

Post a Comment